As an Advanced Application Engineer you will be working full-stack to build our user-facing web applications. Our software helps to fix the broken payment experience in the healthcare industry by providing clarity, transparency, and flexibility. We look for people who care deeply about how users interact with their software and how teams communicate to collectively get products shipped.
This position will also manage projects building out internal tooling to help teams across the company work more effectively and efficiently. We're looking for someone who thinks about software at the 'architecture' level and has a passion for enhancing development processes and creating technical pathways for us to upgrade existing technologies.
Do you full stack web development? Do you want to work on applications used by millions of people? Do you get excited by building tools that improve the operations of an entire company?
We’re offering the opportunity to:
- Lead the evaluation / design / implementation of new technologies as needed to complete strategic product initiatives
- Define / educate team on new technologies and/or standards that are introduced to the team
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in both new and existing applications
- Employ web-technologies, agile development methodologies, and existing healthcare technologies to create solutions that fulfill a direct user need
- Utilize enterprise level software designs to deliver highly effective solutions
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with diverse experiences and problem solving techniques
- Seek out inefficiencies in process and actively propose/lead changes to improve engineering process
- Hold team members accountable for agreed upon goals – make sure peers follow process and focus on the right tasks to complete goals
- Provide feedback/recommendations to team in order to improve the team’s effectiveness (through retros)
Some experience that might help for the opportunity:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or have equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in web-based software development with Object Oriented languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with full stack web application frameworks (LAMP)
- Traditional RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.)
- Git Version Control
- Unit and integration testing methodologies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience with transactional/batch processing is preferred
- Any experience in upgrading AngularJS to a modern framework is preferred
- Experience or willingness to working on a Mac (We're a Mac shop)
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.