A rapidly growing FinTech company is needing to add 2 Project Managers/Scrum Masters called Agile Delivery Managers to work fully remotely but open to a hybrid schedule for those local to Atlanta.
The Agile Delivery Manager (ADM) is responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating Agile teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering products that provide exceptional business value to users. The ADM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile and Lean methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple functional areas.
- Provide execution and delivery leadership to the Sprint teams to deliver high-quality products in committed timeframes
- Use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit the initiative size and criticality
- At an enterprise level or for large, complex product initiatives consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams the ADM will act as Initiative Delivery Leader responsible for overseeing coordination across product delivery teams and functional teams
- At a team level, working with stakeholders in the Product and Technology organizations to establish priorities, define user stories, and establish sprint backlogs to ensure continuous delivery of product value
- Team Engagement– Working with Product Management and Technical Management to define features, user stories, priorities, and dependencies to establish and maintain a well-groomed team backlog
- Prepares for and facilitates release planning with teams as appropriate
- Lead retrospectives to uncover what’s working, what’s not and how we can improve
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands and drive results
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Conflict management and resolution skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems, make removing impediments your top priority
- Analytical thinking - Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Leadership – Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Innovative thinking – Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvement
- 5+ years of delivery management experience working in an agile development environment in roles such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, Project Manager or Program Manager
- Multiple years of payment experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a business environment
- Prior experience with Agile methods, including Scrum and/or Kanban, preferably with enterprise-level application development. Familiarity with scaling frameworks (e.g. S@S, SAFe, LeSS) is a plus.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible expertise to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Adept with agile project tracking tools such as Jira / Jira Agile or comparable (e.g. Version One, Rally, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.