The Mobile Application Developer’s primary role will be the development and enhancement of Constellation's platform content delivery via Android devices. The Mobile Application Developer will turn the ideas of the solutions team and their stakeholders into high performing, scalable, and elegant code. The right candidate for this job will be ambitious and self-directed with a passion for Agile-based mobile application development. Applicants must have prior Android mobile application development experience across the full device stack including user interface, API, data, and analytics development, along with a thorough understand of DevOps and its supporting services and tools. In short, you will take the app from creation to deployment.
The contributions you can anticipate making:
- Developing functional and responsive Android mobile applications, with most code in Java.
- Development of mobile components of the Constellation platform across their full life cycle
- Contributing to the overall architecture of the platform and its applications.
- Maintaining the quality, performance, and responsiveness of the platform with heavy focus on our Android delivery.
- Collaborating with product managers, internal and external development resources, and other stakeholders to design, develop, and launch new features.
- Engaging in all aspects of release cycles, including requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review.
- Providing last-line application support to internal teams and external customers.
- Able to take an Android app from development through deployment.
Interested? Here’s what we need to see on your resume:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- At least 3 years of hands-on development experience with native mobile application development in Android (Android Studio, Google Play, Java) environments .
- Experience with Jenkins and/or Fastlane build tools is a plus.
- Strong hands-on understanding of industry best practices for mobile app development, including emerging technologies, network architecture and other mobile technologies.
- Experience working with DevOps teams in establishing automated builds, tests and deployments.
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- Proven success identifying and applying technologies and standards to solve complex business problems.
- Working knowledge of architectural and IT operational concepts, strategies, standards and policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in application architecture and data architecture.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.