As an Application Engineer for the Cloud Platform, you will ensure the reliability of applications and infrastructure for the Client's payment products. You will help build and maintain the tooling that supports our internal operations and engineering efforts, enabling your peers to succeed in everything from testing to deployments. You will learn how the payment products applications and infrastructure ecosystem fits together, how it works, and how it fails.
Additionally, you should care deeply about how your platform supports both your fellow engineers, our client providers, and their end users. This means considering performance considerations, financial flow integrity, user impact, and how your peers will interact with your code.
Your experience should include having built and – equally important -- maintained systems with a hard reliability requirement. You should have a knack for understanding how systems scale and how they fail.
Looking for some details?
Builds scripts, applications, and libraries to support the organization in:
- system performance
Automates high availability, resiliency, and disaster recovery
- Build and maintain the tools that ensure site availability
- Support development teams as needed with deployments, testing, and integration
- Participate in engineering code reviews
- Perform audits on code base and cloud ecosystems to maintain and improve security, reliability and efficiency
- Utilize enterprise and open-source tools/software to support deployments and maintain uptime
- Define / educate team on new technologies and/or standards that are introduced to the engineering team
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in both new and existing applications and tooling
- Find the path forward for support tools and infrastructure decisions
What we're looking for:
Do you fit our team?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 1-2 years’ experience in one or more of the following roles:
- Software Development
- Site Reliability Engineering
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.