Our client is a leader in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
Digitally-enabling our products, services, customers and employees is a top priority. We are leading this effort and helping to accelerate the digitization of industry to deliver outcomes that matter to people and the world.
We are seeking highly skilled design and technology practitioners that can wrangle the complex challenges and help lead the digital acceleration.
We engage with an array of sophisticated user experience and business domains, from industrial IoT and analytics that power smart products, factories and cities, to connected customer experiences that transform how products are manufactured, used and serviced.
If you are passionate about helping to innovate an extraordinary future, come work with us in Atlanta.
- Provide leadership including constructive code reviews, design guidance mentoring and coaching to team members
- Manage a team of software engineers while also doing hands on development
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems
- Apply technical expertise to design, develop and deploy innovative solutions in the cloud
- Collaboration with other organizations, including software development communities, data sources/consumers and customers within corporate and business units
- Licensing of external tools and services needed to deliver these full capabilities
Required experience and skills:
- Propensity for self-directed problem-solving and the ability to work with limited guidance
- Able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the cloud
- Strong experience in leading iterative software development of new capabilities with Agile and Kanban methodologies
- Experience with one or more major software development environments, including but certainly not limited to Python, Java/Scala, C++, etc.
- Strong people leadership and project management skills
- Strong skills in collaboration and managing relationships with other stakeholders, particularly crucial for integration with established and quickly emerging centralized build systems, and other established and emerging infrastructure
- Experience with cloud native architectures.
- Familiarity with horizontally scalable architectures such as Hadoop, or at least sharded datastores
- Familiarity with data and analytics platforms and software
- Experience or at least exposure to some number of “machine learning” libraries, frameworks, or cloud based services
- A great combination of risk-tolerance, impatience, optimism, empathy, and vision, and a burning desire to make a difference
- Demonstrated history of success in multiple positions of increasing scope and responsibility, with a significant duration of experience and expertise spanning the full qualifications of this role
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent related experience.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.