Back-end Node.js Developer
We are not necessarily looking for senior developers with years of experience - we just need people who are smart, can get things done, and are easy to work with. Some amount of learning on the job is inevitable, and no one knows everything, so the ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge is more important to us than specific education or experience. That said, the more familiar you are with Node.js development, the more quickly you will be able to hit the ground running.
As an early member of our development team, you will get to participate in and contribute to the exciting growth of this company. We value individuals who are passionate and ambitious, yet humble and attentive. You will get to work alongside one or more senior members of our co-founder team.
We work out of an office in Chamblee, GA, which is walkable from the Chamblee MARTA station. Pre-COVID, we worked from home once or twice a week. Until COVID settles down, coming into the office is not required. We use standard collaboration tools like Slack and Microsoft Teams to communicate & collaborate daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design & propose JSON object structures for API request/response bodies
- Create or update RESTful HTTP API endpoints
- Write dynamic SQL queries via Objection.js and Knex
- Create SQL database migrations compatible with Flyway, when necessary
- Use existing patterns, when applicable
- Participate in design and requirements-gathering discussions
- Test your code before shipping it
- Write BDD-style integration tests for your code
- Participate in Pull Requests and code reviews
- Communicate effectively and be a team player and pay attention to details
- Familiarity with Node.js as an API and runtime
- Basic understanding of relational data models and SQL
- Basic understanding of HTTP and REST
- Basic understanding of npm and the package ecosystem
- Know how to use git and GitHub
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Basic understanding of Docker and containers
- Familiarity with CockroachDB and/or Redis
- Any experience working on an open source project
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.