Big Data Cloud Engineer
Our SREs engineer solutions that support a globally diverse application portfolio deployed in both public cloud and hybrid environments. We utilize a broad set of tools and apply engineering approaches that enables our business to transform at an accelerated pace and operate on a global scale. We strive to implement SRE best practices such as minimizing time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems, proactive monitoring, and the implementation of resilient architectures and designs to prevent potential outages.
* In this role SRE will be responsible for migrating On-prem Big data platforms to GCP cloud.
* Guide teams with DevOps best practices, including improved scalability, performance, reliability, and speed to market
* Design, develop and execute Terraform scripts to provision needed services in GCP.
* Provide guidance in technical design, and plan team activities and providing direction to team members
* Guiding Infrastructure engineering teams to drive new technologies into the stack that provide tangible value to our business and consumers
* Languages: Python, Bash, Groovy
* Optional: Ruby, PowerShell
* Cloud: GCP (Optional: AWS)
* Orchestration: Terraform, CloudFormation
* Configuration Management: Ansible
* Optional: Chef
* Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
* CI/CD practices and tools. (Jenkins pipeline DSL, Nexus, Git, Docker Registry, etc..)
* Ability to communicate project needs across all business lines
* Ability to speak cross-functionally with business units and software engineering teams
* Ownership, accountability, and self-managed professional to work in a project with multiple stakeholders
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent job experience required
* 5+ years of progressive experience in Technology that includes Agile and DevOps practices.
* 3-5+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud (GCP or AWS)
* Expertise in languages such as Python, Bash, Java, Go, Perl
* Experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
* Demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, integration, security and database technologies
* System administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
* Experience in operating system that leverage containerized compute platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
* Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.