Clojure Engineer [Remote]
Our team of Engineers are forward-thinking, world-class and not afraid of cutting-edge technology. They are building and scaling systems that drive our applications and continuously improve our engineering practices. From adopting new frameworks and languages like React and Elixir to implementing machine learning in voice search engines are just some examples of the innovative technology that we use.
Does this resonate with you? If so, we want to talk with you so check it out:
A Day in the Life
- Writing code as a team is more effective than solo hero tactics
- No, not every Clojure service needs core.async
- Every time you touch existing code, you leave it a little better than you found it
- You've read _Release It!_ and you're still developing services
- You use Clojure alphas/betas in your `:dev` profile but in production, you run the latest stable
- You don't refactor code that doesn't have tests
- Learning to read code is at least as important as learning to write it
- You usually pass map, filter, and other sequence functions just one argument, these days
- You know the value of everything and... the cost of everything, too
- You seek out feedback on your work
- You give others constructive feedback
- macros < functions < data < code you shouldn't have written in the first place
What We Need from You
- You are a pragmatic Software Engineer who is sold on functional programming and enjoys Clojure, but you’ve also used it and the JVM in anger.
- You’re excited to build backend services of all types, geek our on mentoring and alerting for your apps.
- You enjoy contributing to open source.
- If you don’t get to use Clojure Script to build a web UI, you’re going to be perfectly happy, but hey, an occasional internal dashboard might be nice.
- You are looking for an opportunity to work remotely but stay connected to your team.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.