Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
You are an engineer with a strong background in infrastructure and a passion for Cloud, specifically AWS. You understand Cloud Native concepts and embrace them. You have a strong understanding of Cloud Formation and/or Terraform and understand the importance of Infrastructure-as-code. You are a team player and comfortable working in a fast moving, high growth environment.
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management
- Write Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Configure AWS Roles and Policies to maintain a secure compute environment
- Troubleshoot production issues involving infrastructure and networking communications problems
- Produce documentation describing current and future configuration processes, policies and topologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A deep understanding of cloud infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) and how to integrate them to deliver Cloud Native services.
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc...)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in AWS services and technologies such as EC2, Beanstalk, IAM, Lambda, RDS, ELB, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Elasticache, etc...
- Knowledge in security engineering, threat models and vulnerability management in Cloud environments.
- 3+ years Cloud engineering experience
- A strong understanding of Cloud Native concepts and how they apply to AWS
- A deep knowledge of AWS networking
- Experience with a DVCS such as Github
- Fluent in Linux administration & shell scripting (BASH)
- Understand the benefits of microservices, but also understand the challenges they bring and current trends on how to address those challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with New Relic and/or Sentry is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus
- AWS Associate/Professional Certification is an advantage.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.