The Cloud Systems Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching other engineers to resolutions, engineering and implementing complex projects, and for maintaining and overseeing the technology deployed in all cloud environments. This role is a key position within the IT Infrastructure team and will be called upon to resolve the highest-level technical issues. The goal is to ensure the integrity and high availability of the system infrastructure to provide maximum performance for the user community that includes Support Center staff, field personnel, clients, partners, customers, and suppliers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: Cloud Virtual Networking and VMWare NSX-T for On-Prem clouds.
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server Roles, O365, SQL, Project, etc.
- Virtualization technologies: VMware ESXi, vCenter, Horizon, and HyperV, vRealize
- Remote access solution support: Microsoft AlwaysOnVPN and Remote Desktop Services
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications (PRTG and Kaseya)
- Enterprise Deployments: System deployments allowing for redundancy between data centers.
- Disaster Recovery and Business continuity
- Work escalated support issues related to Microsoft’s core business solutions, general connectivity, security, and remote access solutions.
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Work with IT Teams to engineer projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions
- Document maintenance for all system infrastructure
- Communication with end-users as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
- Travel, typically overnight, required for some locations
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected
- Adhere to enterprise system standards, practices, and policies
- Take responsibility for the success of all system related projects within the company
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively with other team members
- Leadership qualities to include mentoring others and willingly providing knowledge transfer and training to other IT employees
- Excellent team collaboration skills and proficient in establishing and maintaining effective communication and processes
- Intermediate knowledge of networks and network terminologies and remain current with the "state of the art" technologies as it applies to secure connectivity
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to manage various vendors and ensure quality and SLA standards are met
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools and crimping tools
- Ability to work independently on projects and daily activities
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and independently when required
- Participates on 24/7 on call support as part of a team
- Provide support for a broad range of end-user issues when needed
- Must be able to travel throughout Canada and the United States of America.
- Minimum of ten years of experience with Microsoft server roles and operating systems
- Minimum of three years of experience deploying highly available systems, to include Failover clustering, Network Load Balancers, Clustered Servers, etc.
- Minimum of two years of experience deploying VMs and Services in Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Experience with permissions/security technologies
- Experience with telephony technologies
- Experience with systems like firewalls, routers, load balancers, and switches
- Experienced in best practices for the use of a distributed Microsoft network
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical and project documentation
- Presents training presentations on multiple technical levels
- Experience managing vendors/third-party service providers
- A good understanding of the following technologies:
- Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, and Remote Desktop Services
- Exchange Server 2003 – 2016
- Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- PowerShell Scripting
- MCSA Server 2016
- MCSE Server Infrastructure
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- VMWare NSX-T
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure (Dell vxRails preferred)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure with a focus on VM Workloads
- 3+ years of experience working in Managed Services
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.