As a key member of the team, you will be collaborating with different engineering and operations teams and leading development machine learning solutions for a variety of tasks and projects. You will be responsible for delivering projects from end-to-end: problem statement and conceptualization, proof-of-concept, and participation in final deployment. You will also perform ad-hoc statistical and data science analyses. Our ideal candidates are smart, creative, analytical thinkers with attention to detail. You will also work closely with data engineers, developers and modeling analysts to generate seamless business solutions. You will be expected to present results of analyses to a wide range of audiences including executives.
- Collaborate with multiple business and information technology units to understand company needs and propose solutions
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Organize and synthesize data into actionable business decisions, focused on insights.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, both internally and externally
- Maintains and communicates on a regular basis the progress against department goals/objectives and priorities to Director of Data Science and Innovation
- Compile, review, verify and analyze related external and internal insurance data including completed models for benchmarking of results
- Develops creative ideas and solutions to real time business problems and/or business opportunities; takes reasonable, calculated risks even if failure is possible.
- Empowers self and teammates to continuously improve the business processes/ systems and develops and escalates ideas and solutions.
- Consistently delivers superior customer service to both internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrates alignment with the company's Commitments.
- Prioritizes and organizes work in self-directed manner.
- Attains and maintains knowledge of assigned department.
- Performs other duties as required, including supporting and coordinating with other department colleagues.
- Ability to tell meaningful stories with data.
- Minimum four years of proven hands-on experience applying supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques to build models integrated into applications.
- Minimum of two years working with unstructured data.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning/data mining algorithms (deep learning, classification, clustering, etc), experience with Image Analysis/Computer Vision is a plus.
- Understand algorithms (be able to tweak them when needed) as well as infrastructure that enables fast iterations
- Strong software development skills with proficiency in Python and R. Experienced user of libraries such as scikit-learn, scipy, TM, Tidytext, NetworkX, Spacy, and NLTK.
- Good understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows, and experience with CNTK, Caffe, MXNet or TensorFlow is a plus.
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL programing and regular expressions
- 3+ years’ experience applying machine learning techniques to real business problems
- Property & Casualty Insurance experience encouraged, but not required
- Experience in legal analytics a bonus
Master of Applied Math, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research or related fields
Preferred Education or Certification
PhD of Applied Math, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research or related fields
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.