We are seeking highly motivated data scientists to join the Digital Accelerator team in either Brooklyn, NY or Atlanta, GA. We are looking for people who have a passion for analyzing and uncovering digital insights from large, complex streams of data derived from the worlds most advanced aerospace, aviation and building management systems.
As a member of the team, you will work on the research, development, and implementation of complex machine learning systems to predict rare events and faults in aerospace and building system components.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop models and algorithms that will improve how we design, manufacture, monitor, and maintain industrial assets such as jet engines and other aviation systems.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis
- Participate in early stage R&D work to further advance the ML platform
- Collaborate with software development to implement and deploy newly developed technologies and algorithms
- Work with business units and lead data scientists to implement real-world critical use cases on the platform
- Build scripts to automate, clean, transform, cross-reference and merge large sources of data utilizing Python
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership in delivering for our customer and businesses
- 5+ years related experience
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field
- Experience with R, Python, Perl, Matlab
- Experience with industrial/commercial applications of data science including prognostic and health management, supply chain optimization, and human capital management is a significant plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
- Work experience in programming, data science, machine learning
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Masters or PhD in engineering, computer science, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.