As a member of the Data Architecture and Reporting (DAR) team, the Senior Database Architect for Cloud Systems is responsible for providing technical leadership in support of initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of our data warehouse and ETL processes that run on cloud platforms. This position also will be responsible for ensuring our data warehouse is designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery
- 5+ years creating data models, schema design and schema development
- 5+ years T-SQL coding; including stored procedures, views, and triggers
- 5+ years optimizing SQL performance, work with database partitioning, compression and indexing
We'd love to see
- 5+ years implementing operational automation and monitoring using scripts and SQL jobs
- Plan, prepare, test and perform database patches and upgrades
- Experience with AWS Redshift, AWS EMR or AWS Datapipeline.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (i.e. C# or Java).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture.
- Strong understanding of network architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why”. Articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Demonstrates forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude to meet challenges; energized by change and thriving in team-based work.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills and ability to establish good working relationship with a wide range of people.
- Project and time management skills, with the ability to manage completing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a team lead.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (i.e. OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, and elastic scalability).
- Acts as subject matter expert to the organization when migrating existing customer’s data to AWS cloud
- Maintains overall industry knowledge on latest trends and technology.
- Develops data warehousing solutions and evaluates architectural alternatives for private, public, and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Defines optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications.
- Researches, operationalizes, and trains others in the use of data warehousing in the cloud technologies and best practices.
- Ensures delivered solutions meets/performs to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to business owners.
- Ensures delivered solutions are realized in the timeframe committed and works in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manages the scope and risk.
- Provides support and technical governance, expertise related to data warehousing, cloud architectures, deployment, and operations.
- Advocates and defines the data warehousing and cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective (i.e. internal and external platforms, tools, and systems).
- Conducts product work reviews with team members.??????
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.