Director of Marketing
As the Director of Marketing, you are responsible for shaping the go-to-market efforts and leading the marketing team. This includes, strategically planning our marketing efforts across multiple marketing disciplines including website, paid & SEO, PR, content marketing, lead generation, product marketing, and sales enablement. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing to achieve our financial goals.
You will be the company evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing all the company’s external marketing activities, including product launches, press releases, sales tools, hospital and patient print and digital collateral, events calendar, trade shoes, webinars, and industry events.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our sales and client teams to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
You will work in a small organization of professionals who all have their own full-time responsibilities, as such, you will need to be comfortable with minimal supervision, need to be a self-starter, and exercise exceptional judgment. Take the initiative to correct problems and improve the way things are done. You will collaborate with sales, client management, product, and executives to gain insight into the buyer and user journey and product lifecycle. You should understand how to work effectively within a small organization, and excel at building interpersonal relationships with co-workers.
- Lead projects for content and design creation for marketing campaigns, trade shows, industry associations, PR, channel partners and clients including company updates, newsletters, blogs, case studies, videos, website design and enhancements
- Provide marketing support for conferences, tradeshows, webinars, and other events
- Develop and deliver consistent brand messaging for all current and new market sectors
- Track and measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts and strategies
- Help new clients gain immediate traction with customized patient marketing programs
- Assess the effectiveness of on-going patient marketing programs that support your product on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Provide support on quarterly business reviews with account management
- Identify Providers who are willing to provide testimonies, case studies and references to better position iVita in the market
- Create a centralized marketing calendar with deliverables including trade shows, social media (LinkedIn) and email campaigns, overseeing their life cycle
- Conduct channel and client outreach for feedback and input for new initiatives
- Market Intelligence – be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, and their key buying criteria
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-function implementation of the plan
- Know your competitors – be an expert on your competition and how they are positioned
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
- Understand and documents who our users are, including how they interact with consumers and what drives them to offer our product. Use this information to improve implementation practices
- Identify product feature differentiators and create external messaging for each key buyer or persona
- Take inventory of all sales/marketing assets and identify gaps or areas for improvement
- Understand and support our sales teams; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Develop marketing strategies to move prospects quickly and effectively through the sales funnel
- Help manage our CRM platform to measure effectiveness of deals flowing through the funnel and ensuring leads are converting to appointments, and appointments are converting into proposals
- 5+ years of B2B software or service product marketing experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a market-facing role (e.g., delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Teams and Salesforce
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, and Google Analytics
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t – working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. A team player!
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare technology or services is a plus
- Experience working in financial services is a plus
- Pragmatic Institute Certified preferred
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.