The Company is expanding its centralized and distributed production capability and is increasing our remote monitoring and operations capabilities, specifically thru building an Operations Center (OpsCenter) in Dallas, TX, and platforming all of our OpsCenter capabilities globally (NOC, SOC and other similar operations).
- Create a highly structured and process-oriented environment, with the agility to support live production needs.
- Develop operational processes for managing distributed infrastructure
- Develop and implement support plan and escalation strategy for troubleshooting live on-air network and connectivity related issues.
- Maintain and track network related performance data to enable data driven decision making, lesson learning, and best practices.
- Experience with Juniper, JunOS, and MPLS, Segment Routing or label switch routing
- Plan, budget, and fiscally manage the network and desktop administration/engineering environment.
- Manage the network operation group as well as provide Sr. level UNIX administration.
- Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS protocols.
- Configure tunnel VPN for smaller offices not on MPLS cloud.
- Implement VOIP monitoring tools to monitor and troubleshoot system performance and produce actionable metrics.
- Configure and install Cisco 4507R, two Cisco 3845 routers, and roll out Cisco VOIP (52 handsets).
- Monitor and evaluate new technologies and products (e.g., VoIP, optical networks) for applicability to next generation services.
- Configure BGP and T1 backup on Cisco routers.
- Implement changes in contracting to support CMS relate transactions.
- Convert outdated point-to-point and frame relay network to MPLS and QoS.
- Negotiate data extraction contracts for the development of KPI /KRI metrics
- Strong experience in building site-to-site IPsec tunnels, routing protocols, VLANs, threat prevention and intrusion detection/protection.
- Firewall management including upgrades, security policies, routing, client/server VPN, and disciplines with configuration change control.
- Network switch installation/deployment, stacking, configuration, and management.
- Wireless network management, access point configuration and management.
- Thorough knowledge of OSI model and TCP/IP protocol stack at all network layers, network topologies, static and dynamic routing protocols.
- Solid experience with LDAP, RADIUS, SNMP, DHCP, DNS, and NTP protocols and implementations.
- Build, develop and grow business relationships, both internal and external, vital to the success of the Ops Center
- Ensure that forward thinking technologies are factored into Ops including but not limited to AI toolsets
- Oversee all aspects of Incident resolution for incidents escalated to the NOC
- Think like a client, looking for efficiency gains, cost advantages, or added benefits
- Other duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Ten (10) years working experience in a global operations environment
- Familiarity with key tools including ticketing, fault monitoring, dashboard and reporting tools
- Experience working in Microsoft Project, Jira and/or other project management tools
- At least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.