You will line manage a team of skilled engineers working in a variety of projects, from building the payments platform to delivering a delightful experience in our customer onboarding.
Your primary concern is your engineers: By conducting regular 1-2-1s, coaching and mentoring them, you will strive to provide a path for them to grow and have an impact within our company.
You will also work closely with Product Managers and Agile Delivery Managers to create the right environment where teams can deliver effectively and be proud of their work.
What your day will involve:
- Line managing a growing team of experienced engineers by providing feedback, managing performance and career progression.
- Fostering an engineering culture of autonomy, innovation and best practice.
- Clearly communicate and provide context behind business decisions, weighing benefits and trade-offs; Creating followership.
- Working closely with Product Managers and other key stakeholders, such as ADMs and Tech Leads, to ensure the correct scope and goals alignment for the teams.
- Ability to deal with immediate issues; real-time prioritization and tactical thinking in parallel with future strategic planning
- Have experience with staffing and scaling engineering teams for effective delivery
- Have a strong technical background (SWE) with opensource technologies like Golang (highly preferred), Java, Python, and/or C++.
- Are comfortable with rapid context switching
- Have experience with setting up teams for success by removing blockers and managing dependencies
- Are able to see opportunities when presented with challenges.
- Have experience managing remote, distributed teams.
- Strive to create products having the customer at the center.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.