Engineering Team Lead
Are you a hands on Java Engineer with strong AWS skills and have an interest in leading a team while remaining hands on? If so tis role if for you.
Our client is located in a beautiful office space Downtown, offering access to beautiful parks, an on-site gym, trendy shops, Marta, free parking and world-class restaurants.
As Tech Lead, you will lead the delivery output for the full Scrum team consisting of full-stack Java engineers, data and DevOps engineers, a scrum master and product owner dedicated to the team. A great Tech Lead partners with the product owner to align focus and work to maximize delivery. Key to being a tech lead is balancing smart technical decisions within the team and fostering the right communication across teams to meet milestones. The Scrum team owns the solutions designed and implemented to meet client driven requirements and the Tech Lead structures how challenges are broken down, organized and overcome to leverage all resources on the team as effectively as possible.
- Be an inspiring leader to a Scrum Team
- Partner with platform Product Owner to maintain a clear roadmap and ready backlog blended appropriate with company goals
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for the team to plan efficient development sprints leveraging all team resources
- Promote good engineering practices within the team to ensure delivery of quality code assets
- Maintain a hands-on role developing clean, concise code with appropriate developer documentation and unit test cases
- Work with full-stack mindset to advocate effective and scalable implementations
- Review team member’s code for consistent patterns, accepted standards and clear, supportable design
- Ensure proper test coverage of the Team’s work to ensure data integrity between producers and consumers
- Support the success of the Scrum team to complete Sprints early!
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Worked in an Agile development environment
- Ability to present and communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous technical decision making responsibility to deliver a cloud centric product platform
- Experience working through product requirements to yield a deliverable backlog of user stories organized to maximize sprint team delivery
- Experience working with established coding frameworks and ability to explain rationale for using those frameworks in previous projects
- 8+ years of experience developing and maintaining software in a SaaS environment
- 5+ years of experience in a Java Developer role
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda, S3, SQS, RDS, SNS, Redshift, etc.)
- Proficiency with the Spring framework
- Prior experience delivering low latency, high availability, elastic solutions
- US Citizen or legal permanent resident
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.