Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure. This role will provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise's infrastructure architecture. This role will establish Trusted Advisor relationships with key stakeholders and contribute to the Infrastructure strategy and transformation. It will align the services offering to the business and overall company strategy. This role creates deliverables that support the establishment of Target (Future State) and Reference Architectures in support of our Enterprise Architecture.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise infrastructure architecture.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of infrastructure architectural road maps and migration plans covering a wide range of infrastructure technologies spanning both traditional data center (hyperconverged systems, storage, backup, network) and cloud (AWS and Azure) and end-user technologies (VDI, Office 365, etc.).
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, lead the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise infrastructure architecture.
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring enterprise infrastructure architecture compliance.
- Drives short- and long-term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments.
- Supports long-term capacity planning and cost optimization efforts; lead through change
- Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Collaborates with a variety of technical teams, understand their needs and complexities, foster diverse ideas and bring to an accepted solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Software/Systems Engineering or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- 3+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications.
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus
- Experience in a large enterprise setting
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Flexible and adaptable personality to handle shifting needs, evolving priorities and urgent situations that arise
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.