Functional QA Analyst
Our client provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster, and increase efficiency. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, our client has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers!
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for ensuring the quality of system change made by software development. The Functional Quality Assurance Analyst position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative and regular management of changing priorities. Occasional nighttime and weekend work is required within the position.
- Participate in requirement and design reviews to ensure test plans/cases are traceable to requirements.
- Work with team to coordinate, monitor, execute and document all test activities.
- Work with team to establish test scenarios that are automated/repeatable.
- Provide guidance and oversight for Production checkout and UAT activities.
- Develop test plans that address areas such as database impacts, software use scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, and usability.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality solutions to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervisor.
- Being proactive.
- Having methods for problem solving.
- Being a good communicator, both written and spoken.
- Having competent teamwork abilities.
- Having documentation and organizational skills.
- Having analytical thinking abilities.
- Being able to plan technical testing solutions.
- Being self-motivated.
- Having a competent judgment to inform problems to superiors on time.
- Being deadline oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent related field experience
- Minimum of 2 years of formal software testing experience required
- Knowledge of principles of SDLC and/or TDLC
- Knowledge of common Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.