The incumbent will perform geospatial data processing tasks that support the overall efforts of the Positive Train Control system and corporate Enterprise GIS initiative, and going forward will be involved with data attribution activities associated with planned Engineering Department infrastructure and asset management applications driven by geospatial data. The incumbent will also develop and present GIS system and cartographic mapping elements; provide organizational assistance, GIS data manipulation and quality control for the Engineering Geospatial Data.
- The incumbent will personally perform and be responsible for the creation, modification, and quality control of essential geospatial infrastructure data for company wide use for a variety of critical applications, including the analysis and assembly of geospatial data utilized to create PTC compliant Subdivision Files.
- The incumbent will utilize a variety of GIS software tools to perform topology corrections and make geometric modification as part of the data quality review and acceptance process.
- Assist in the creation, validation, modification, and quality control of essential geospatial infrastructure data for company wide use for a variety of critical applications
- The incumbent will be called upon to work with other involved groups and departments in a collaborative manner to help develop efficient workflows which fully utilize and properly reflect the technical skill sets of the Geospatial Data Group toward the Enterprise GIS goals.
- Demonstrate proficiency of GIS specific software to solve problems and maximize efficiency
- Adopt practical railroad knowledge into a functioning theoretical, digital system
- Work with programmers to build relevant and user accessible GIS tools
- Create informative and accurate maps that assist readers in visualizing the full project scope
- Computer programming experience in C#/.net or Python is desired but not a requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree – required
- Graduate Degree – preferred
- Other relevant major with GIS Certificate
Job Related Experience:
Preferred Level: 2+ years
Skills and Abilities:
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Understanding of database fundamentals
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.