Head of Technical Support
Are you technically proficient, creative, and ready to contribute to a growing industry player in a fast-paced environment? If you are, then we can’t wait to meet you!.
We’re looking for a Head of Support to join our team of insanely smart and just gosh-darn like-able developers. You'll be the primary resource for resolving technical issues and have critical hands-on involvement in test execution, test automation, and risk coverage analysis.
This is a fast-paced position that is constantly changing tasks and focus. This position requires an individual that isn’t afraid to take initiative and get things complete with minimal supervision.We are is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth, wealthtech company based out of Atlanta. We value vulnerable high-quality/low-ego collaboration. If that sounds good to you, join us!
A day in the life:
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues related to application use, design, and configuration
- Work to refine and evangelize GROUNDFLOOR’s overall QA and support practices and processes
- Lead, collaborate, and mentor QA & support team members; share domain knowledge with the rest of the team to continually expand the overall group capabilities
- Foster an environment of cross-team collaboration where questions are welcomed and success is celebrated.
- Actively participate in project team meetings to offer insight on application issues discovered and present solutions to resolve, meet requirements and ensure the desired quality
- Maintain excellent relationships with customer stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Maintain a hands-on involvement in test execution, test automation, and risk coverage analysis
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help make sure we’re delivering useful, working tools with every release.
- Defining Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) to help teams balance reliability with engineering velocity.
- Partner with the Engineering Leadership team to establish KPIs to monitor, measure, and report on software quality and delivery performance. Utilize KPI performance to identify opportunities for improvement
This job might be for you if:
- Skilled at evaluating existing processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement
- You’re curious and comfortable with troubleshooting production incidents and debugging across interconnected systems and layers
- You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm, and service
- You've broken production environments—then fixed them and learned from the experience in a post-incident review.
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools and frameworks
- You’re patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it’s challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- You’re willing to consider things from other perspectives and consider the impact on others.
- You can balance app stability with the need to release features quickly.
- Experienced in understanding the role of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Enthusiastic about product knowledge acquisition
- Comfortable with occasional off-hours, on-call support
Your Experience + A Few Nice to Haves:
- 8 +years supporting applications
- 5+ years of management experience in a quality-focused organization
- Implementing and managing monitoring solutions and log aggregation solutions for application-level metrics.
- Experience scaling high-performance teams in a hyper-growth startup environment
- Experience working directly with software developers and QA engineers as well as other technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- You have experience with testing and automation
- Familiarity with Postgres, through active record, sequel or sql
- Experience working in a microservices product architecture with continuous delivery
- Experience working on software in a regulated product domain (fintech, healthcare, etc)
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.