IT Operations Engineer
The IT Operations Engineer is a highly technical, very detail-oriented, meticulous role whose primary function is to implement, configure, and maintain IT Infrastructure systems and applications for the corporate and production environments. This position will be a highly trusted expert in infrastructure systems and will be expected to research and understand complex technical information. The Engineer will implement, configure, and maintain infrastructure systems used by customers, employees, and administrators. This role will wear multiple “hats” and will be expected to perform a broad variety of roles including: network engineer, storage engineer, cloud engineer, cybersecurity engineer, vmware engineer, hardware/application engineer, and more.
- Under general direction & supervision, this position will be required to have in-depth knowledge of some or all infrastructure systems including virtualization, shared storage, networking, firewalls, backup systems, NAC, WiFi, SIEM, MDM, and more.
- Under general direction & supervision, this role must approach the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of all infrastructure systems in a methodical manner consistent with CIS controls and departmental procedures.
- Implement complex technology solutions based on business requirements.
- Create Standard Baseline Configuration documentation for all systems and utilize Change Management process.
- Document systems for administration by other IT staff and train other IT staff on how to administer it.
- Patch and maintain infrastructure systems to achieve security standards and compliance.
- Required to travel for new systems implementations and maintenance, sometimes on short notice.
- Will be on part of an on call rotation and respond 24x7x365 to production-level outages.
- Use root level access in order to configure all other levels of access including administrative users and basic users across our entire infrastructure, using a least-privileged and/or role-based access model.
- Configure user access logging and auditing in a wide variety of systems.
- Perform change control documentation and communicate changes in system configurations to other IT staff.
- Engineer new and existing infrastructure systems and applications in order to support the goals of the business and products.
- Establish global configuration standards which meet the needs of the wide variety of customers, users, and administrators who rely on the infrastructure systems.
- Works with IT Operations Manager to design and configure systems and overall IT Infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience in a related field, or 4 years work experience in a related field.
- Experience with Juniper EX and QFX switches, Juniper SRX firewalls, JUNOS, VMWare, Tenable, Nimble Storage, Exchange Server, Pulse Secure, Pulse Policy Secure, LogRhythm, are a plus.
We'd love to see:
- Ability to think logically and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Willingness to take responsibility and show initiative to work when necessary to meet deadlines or when working on high-priority projects
- Willingness to expand knowledge base and stay current with new technologies
- Ability to learn relevant operating systems and applications
- Desire to learn and further develop professionally
- Ability to adapt in a changing workplace
- Team participation
A human approach to staffing.
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.