As a Lead Application Engineer in the Patient Payments organization, you will solve problems that affect real people. You should care deeply about how your users interact with your application and how other engineers will iterate on your code. You should also be passionate about using modern technologies, removing tech debt, and improving processes. Instead of asking “Why is this the way it is?”, you ask “How can I make this better?”
The Portals team is responsible for building full stack applications for both health system staff and patients. The team works closely with Product to bring new features to market to best support the needs of enterprise health systems and engage with patients through a Best in KLAS user experience. The web portals utilize modern web technologies to facilitate payment processing, account management and reporting.
What you'll be doing:
- You will join a team of full stack engineers to build new features for our web applications, as well as support and maintain them
- Collaborate with Product, UX and other engineering teams to solve difficult problems and design new features
- Scope out technical designs that enable your team to execute on proposed solutions
- Upgrade legacy apps and code to modern frameworks and technologies
- Mentor junior engineers and promote a culture of learning and teaching
- Embrace an agile development process that emphasizes test automation, code reviews, and fast release cycles
- Be a communicator! Have opinions and the ability to justify them - we want to know what you think
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of professional full stack web development experience
- Object-oriented programming (we’re mostly PHP)
- Relational databases (we use MySql)
- Unit and integration testing methodologies
- Distributed system architecture and asynchronous processing using queues (AWS SQS)
- Automated production logging, monitoring and alerting
- Agile development
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply - we’d love to hear from you.
A Human Approach to Staffing
eHire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.