The Data Development Engineer’s role is to design, code, maintain, and support efforts associated with integrating data through ETL tools for use in the master data repository, business intelligence integration databases, transactional systems and third party systems that have business relationships with the company or its subsidiaries. This individual will also support efforts to make the enterprise data data meaningful through web service development, data mart development, reports, dashboards or other related technologies as required by approved stakeholders. The Data Development Engineer provides guidance as to standards and production support to other corporate developers who work within these technologies.
- Ensure standardization of SQL coding practices and adherence to coding standards, change control, and SQL best practices
- Design and implement ETL packages in accordance with documented templates and standards as defined by the data management group
- Research, Diagnose, and Monitor Performance Bottlenecks, etc.
- Build dimensional representations of data either in the data repository or in proprietary OLAP tools including Hyperion Essbase and Microsoft Analysis services
- Build advanced business intelligence reports and dashboards as is required by the business
- Act as mentor to development teams to help with distributed uses of ETL tools
- Assist development teams by tuning and creating complex queries against very large-databases.
- Develop or assist in development of web services that allow access of databases to be protected by a service layer.
- Develop logical test plans to assist QA department in the validation of dat development processes
- Document development that is to be moved to production
- Creation of implementation plans for code destined for QA or Production
- Mentor more junior database engineers in best practices
- Participate in local data integration technology groups
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft SQL Server version 2008 or above.
- Extensive experience working with SSIS, Analysis Services, SSRS, and Hyperion Essbase
- Extensive experience working with DBAs in performance tuning
- Extensive experience building dashboards and scorecards
- Extensive experience developing dashboards and OLAP environments
- Certifications in Microsoft database development
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.