Lead Full-Stack Software Engineer
A leading car manufacturer is looking for a Senior Full-stack Software Engineer who cares about software excellence, is aware of the latest trends, and knows how to adopt the most appropriate technology.
This is a new role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers with a passion to imagine, test, build, and deploy valuable products for performance car prospects, enthusiasts, and customers. You will have the opportunity to create and lead the technical design and development of multi-platform, cross-functional, customer facing applications which will shape the digital future of the company.
If you are excited about leading innovation, solving problems and delivering software solutions that carry real business value, apply now.
- Coordinating teams of developers responsible for building new and support existing websites leveraging AWS Lambda
- Write high quality, and testable applications that support rapid delivery via continuous integration, delivery, and automated deployments.
- Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while working, learning, and collaborating in a cross-functional agile team.
- Handle the design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key applications.
- Actively participate in Agile team activities such as providing input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Work closely with the product owners and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the product that supports the business and improves the customer experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define the technology objective and explore solution possibilities.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
- Design and implement scalable web service APIs.
- Define the relevant key-technologies and architecture in alignment with global Porsche initiatives.
- Help establish the local technical and architectural setup.
- Full stack development and delivery experience with serverless technologies such AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure and services
- In-depth knowledge of new and established technologies and programming languages such as Kotlin, Node, Terraform, ReactJS, Angular, Typescript.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code, and e2e Test Automations.
- Knowledge of software best practice like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc.
- Proficient in microservice architecture and backend for frontend patterns.
- Experience with highly scalable, highly available systems and services.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Required - Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, technology or similar
Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a year or more of experience leading and/or mentoring a team of software engineers
- 5+ years full stack engineering experience in a production environment (Node.js and NoSQL and React is the perfect combo)
- 2+ years experience with frontend frameworks like React or Angular
- Expert programming skills in web based technologies within an Agile environment.
- Heavy use of AWS (experience with Lambda highly desired)
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / Unit Tests)
- Deployed customer-facing software into a production environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital products, services and platforms
- Experience with, understanding of, and interest in digital trends and new technologies
- Retail and customer service experience in the digital space is a plus
- Experience with working in a global team-set up and multi team collaboration environment
- The desire to lead new technology adoption and established well designed architectures is a plus.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.