We are seeking a highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer. Working very closely with the Data Science team, you will play an active role in designing and building Machine Learning tools and products leveraged throughout the company. Our ML Team builds tools used by data scientists that support vital segments of the company. Some projects include: predicting part failures on the industrial products we build (from jet engines to radar units to compressors used in space), project manufacturing demand, or models to help with airplane fleet management.
This role requires an expert level Python Software Engineer, well versed in scientific and mathematical libraries (scipy, numpy, pandas, scikit-learn) along with an understanding of learning algorithms and the SDLC.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent in our best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
- Design, Write and deploy well-crafted and well-tested Python in support of Machine Learning products and tools across company
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to build requirements for data science tool and optimization libraries
- Work closely with Data Scientists on algorithm development and deployment of Machine Learning models in production
- Monitor and Maintain tool and models in production
- Collaborate with Product and Business Stakeholders on requirements and priorities.
- Work with QA and DevOps engineers to deploy high quality, well tested, resilient code.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor junior team members
- 5+ years hands-on Python development experience
- A solid understanding of scientific python ecosystem (scipy, numpy, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Experience in Agile, Git, application containerization, continuous integration/deployment
- Experience in MLOPs
- An understanding of learning algorithms and ML libraries like PyTorch and Tensorflow are a nice to have
- Experience working with Data Science and machine learning models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Possesses a flexible attitude and is willing to work with a range of technologies and languages with an open mind and without bias.
- A constant learner, actively interested in updating skill sets and knowledge, following trends and Papers in the Machine Learning community
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.