Manager, Software Engineering
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Manager Software Engineering who cares about delivering cutting-edge software, mentoring team members and is passionate about technology which drives digital excellence.
This is a new role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Senior Software Engineers and Tech leads with a passion to imagine, test, build, and deploy valuable products for prospects, enthusiasts, and customers. You will have the opportunity to lead and inspire the teams that create and develop cross-functional, multi-platform and multi-technology applications which will shape the digital future.
If you are excited about leading people, driving innovation, solving problems and delivering software solutions that carry real business value, come and join us. We are working in a hybrid work environment with onsite and remote work days.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Leading teams of developers responsible for building new software and support existing products.
- Spearhead tech spikes and cross-functional platform evaluations.
- Explore new technologies and digital trends to identify new and emerging opportunities.
- Work with product owners and business analysts across multiple projects to identify capacity needs and risks.
- Hands-on-code leader with multi-year experience in developing cloud applications.
- Handle the design, architecture and occasional development and code review, and testing of key applications.
- Working with tech leads and developers to find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while contributing to the design of scalable and cost-optimized solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define the technology objective and explore solution possibilities.
- Define the relevant key-technologies and architecture in alignment with global initiatives.
- Help establish the local technical and architectural setup.
- Experienced in leading and managing agile development teams.
- Data driven decision maker with high focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure and services.
- Proficient in microservice architecture and backend for frontend patterns.
- Experience with highly scalable, highly available systems and services.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code, and e2e Test Automations.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, technology or similar
Master’s degree, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in leading team of developers in an agile environment
- 7+ years engineering experience in a production environment
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud technologies
- 3+ years’ experience with modern web-based technologies
- Experience in leading new technology adoption and establishing well designed architectures.
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / Unit Tests)
- Experience with working in a global team-set up and multi team collaboration environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital products, services and platforms
- Proficiency in test automation and accessibility requirements
- Experience with, understanding of, and interest in digital trends and new technologies
- Retail and customer service experience in the digital space is a plus
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.