Our Client is a full-service digital consultancy and transformation partner made up of 275 team members across our 4 locations in Toronto (HQ), Amsterdam, Atlanta, and Tokyo. We partner deeply with our clients through the application of lean/agile methodologies to conceptualize, design, and deliver awesome digital experiences, while coaching and enabling our clients to level up their digital practices - and ultimately transform their business.
In 2018 we added over 160 highly capable people to our company and have grown our client base significantly in Europe, USA and Asia. In 2019 we established a physical office presence in key markets outside of Canada to better partner with global clients, both existing and anticipated. With its deep talent base, dynamic culture, and robust business environment, Atlanta has been chosen as the hub for our U.S. based consulting services. Project delivery will continue to be supported out of our Canadian headquarters, with our Atlanta office focused on servicing our US clients with on-site consulting requirements. The Managing Director, USA, is a critical leadership role to ensure the success of our continued growth in the U.S., and the expansion of our consulting and coaching services which is a key initiative in 2019 and beyond.
As Managing Director, USA you will lead our Client’s Atlanta office and increase our penetration as the partner of choice in North America. You will report to the COO and work closely with the CEO and leadership team to craft and implement an effective Atlanta office growth strategy, creating and building a healthy and people-first office culture, and support new and existing clients
- Lead expansion and growth in the U.S. market and partner with executives to adapt to our vision and strategy into a country-specific business plan and go-to-market strategy for the U.S.
- Provide strategic oversight, precise execution and operational excellence for the US office
- Create and sustain a people-first culture of excellence and inclusivity
- Analyze performance and iterate on the business plan / approach where needed to achieve/exceed identified business objectives
- Responsible for P&L of U.S.; Ensure budgets and financial targets are met
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Toronto headquarters to ensure continual cultural and functional alignment
- Provide direction, oversight and support to a team of travelling agile, product and tech consultants working out of the Atlanta office
- Ensure the office scales appropriately based on client demand, working closely with head office to hire the right roles at the right time that are a fit with our key clients and the office culture
- Ability to consult with executives at multinationals, to have empathy and understanding for their concerns?
- This role will require up to 50% travel to Canada and within the U.S. as determined by internal and client needs
Core Objectives (i.e Year 1 objectives)
- Successfully establish our Atlanta office as our regional hub for our U.S. consultants
- Shape and define the vision for our U.S. expansion and operations in the short, medium and long term
- Leverage your established network to mine for new business opportunities within the Atlanta area and throughout the U.S.
- Integrate and refine methodologies and approaches with your knowledge of local culture and business best practices
- Lead and build a high performing team that exemplifies our culture and values
Leadership, Authority and Judgement
- Resilience: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with multiple
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills. The ability to work with others to identify what’s important and enrole others in executing against it.
- People First Mindset: Our mantra is people first. The value we deliver is a product of the great relationship we foster with our colleagues, our clients and our communities. We believe Diversity and Inclusion make us stronger. This role requires a person who enjoys and is skillful at working with people and building diverse teams that thrive and do great work together.
C-Suite Executives and Senior Leadership, Client Services, Business Development, Strategy/Product, Digital Innovations, Technical Strategy, Delivery
- Relevant experience in a professional services, consulting, and/or high tech environment
- General management experience across a wide variety of functions (strategy, operations, product management, marketing, new business development, solution delivery, technology/digital, innovation)
- Experience managing a team of client-facing consultants in a hybrid in-person/remote environment
- Track record of building and growing high performing teams
- Proven ability to build deep client relationships at an executive level
- Demonstrated success in new business development
- Well-networked with access to best-in-class candidates and client contacts
- Knowledge of lean/agile development principles and digital transformation
- Highly effective communicator and demonstrated leadership
- Insurance industry experience an asset
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.