Mid Level Software Engineer
This job is responsible to provide expertise with the design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and operation of software to meet the business requirements and support internal and external clients achieve their performance objectives.
1. Contributes to team efforts to develop new systems, upgrades and updates to existing systems inclusive of requirements analysis, system design, implementation, testing and deployment. Executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing business needs and/or requirements.
2. Analyzes large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, missing functionality, application bugs and captures requirements in stories to improve overall efficiencies.
3. Promotes a collaborative environment and adheres to established code system protocols, procedures and best practices to ensure the quality and integrity of code passes white board design review sessions.
4. Facilitates activities that ensure the successful utilization of systems including developing documentation and test scripts.
5. Keeps up to date on relevant / upcoming technologies and methodologies towards continuous improvement of software design and procedures.
6. Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science / Programming is required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in software development, commercial software and methodologies is required. Broad exposure working on a variety of platforms is required.
• Strong aptitude to write well designed, testable and efficient code.
• In-depth knowledge and expertise in software development, project management, software systems development working on a variety of platforms.
• In-depth understanding of modern software architecture and methodologies, including Agile (Scrum, XP) & incremental methods.
• Experience with QA & Testing, including modern unit and TDD driven methods; experience with automated testing and Continuous Integration.
• Experience with Java, search technologies, SOA, big data systems and distributed computing strongly desired
• Some experience or familiarity with social media APIs (i.e. Facebook Graph API, Twitter Powertrack, etc)
• Knowledge of React, Python, Groovy/Grails, ElasticSearch and MySql is highly desirable
• Some experience with software architecture and database management
• Working knowledge of Agile methodology, tools and techniques is required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in object oriented analysis and design with the ability to identify, propose and implement changes and improvements.
• Preferred experience working within a dynamic, high volume / data environment.
• Advanced listening and verbal communication skills to understand client needs or problems and respond clearly and concisely. Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations.
• Adaptable to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.