100% remote but must reside in Eastern or Central time zone and work eastern time zone work schedule.
Who we’re looking for
You’re an exceptional Developer of mobile applications with a solid focus on Android. You don’t just put your head down and code. You’re constantly seeking a better way to do things, a cleaner, more intuitive interaction. You’ve studied the most popular mobile apps and you have well- articulated theories about why they are designed the way they are. You know what makes these apps so effective, and what you would do to make our app even better.
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of owning and people who like to build best in class features and services. This position requires collaboration with designers, product managers and other team members of our engineering team. If you’re thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new features and services from scratch, and think you can manage the ambiguity and pace, we would love to hear from you.
What will your day involve
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to design, build and ship minimal but quality features.
- Contributing best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing new features.
- Going beyond standard duties and responsibilities to champion small details, spot opportunities and add extra value for our users.
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Staying close to the user and working as a team to iterate fast.
Who Should You Be
- You are experienced developing apps that delight users, having shipped one or more apps to the Play Store.
- You have experience building Android applications in Kotlin.
- You have experience writing tests (unit test, integration test, UI test etc.).
- You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- You have strong understanding of design patterns and Object Oriented Programming.
- You are familiarized with core Android components: Activities, Fragments, Services, Content Providers, Broadcast Receivers and understanding of life cycles.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.