The purpose of this position is to lead the daily activities of datacenter infrastructure supporting multiple remote (de-centralized) productions in a SMPTE 2110 environment. The role based in Dallas, TX will provide IT/IP support, setup and troubleshooting in live production environments.
- Serve as technical expert in supporting the core IP based infrastructure for the Datacenter in Dallas, TX
- The role will focus heavily on the IP nature of production workflows.
- Coordinate with NOC, problem solve and troubleshoot network connectivity issues in a WAN and/or LAN environment.
- Support, monitor, & troubleshoot technical workflows from datacenter to client and control rooms.
- Work with the Engineering Management Team and TFC Team to plan, coordinate, and assist with centralized production engineering projects involving the Dallas Datacenter and/or IP based workflows.
- Work with fellow Network and Broadcast Engineers in the repair and maintenance of facility operations.
- Bring expertise in WAN/LAN networking workflows, and familiarity with the WAN/LAN production supply-chain.
- Ensure efficient and effective workflows of production environments for a variety of clients.
- Complete technical reports for each event to ensure equipment needs/issues are met and resolved.
- Communicate efficiently with client technical and operational contacts to ensure on-air success.
- Assist with providing technical support for new builds and system upgrades, in cooperation with the Engineering, IT, and Systems Integration teams.
- Be ready and willing to advise and suggest on IP technical workflows that can enhance productivity, and workflow efficiency.
- Assist with Network security protocols and permission-based access to a variety of production equipment and monitoring software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Dallas, TX or surrounding area.
- Technical or B.S./Electronics field or Engineering preferred, however various combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to work in, and understand SMPTE 2110 environments, familiarity with IP workflows.
- 5+ years of experience working in television production technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology, equipment, facilities, and production for major commercial and cable television networks.
- Ability to interface with clients and provide a high level of service and support.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high stress production environment on a daily basis.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in high-pressure situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications as well as Visio or similar engineering sketch tools.
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating Core Values: innovative, one team, passion, and integrity.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.