This position will help to define strategic network-architecture, and solutions for network integration, service delivery, and resilient operation within the parameters of approved network policy guidelines. This position will also design and complete testing of network equipment and software (CPE to Core) for approval in the network. Architect must prepare detailed, standard documentation for all testing and approved designs to be archived and distributed to appropriate company stakeholders.
This position will be responsible to assist in network monitoring tasks to assess current utilization trends or potential issues that may adversely affect the resilient operation of the packet networks. Once issues are identified, the Architect will develop a project package that includes design and costs for approval submission. Once a project is approved, Architect will work with Project Management and/or Network Operations as required to see the design to completion.
This position will provide network consulting to other stakeholder organizations. Architect may be tasked to consult with Network Operations on a Tier III escalation for network or customer trouble tickets. In this role the Architect will offer troubleshooting and resolution advice to Network Operations. Architect may also consult on technical aspects of product development, or for complex customer network requirements.
This high-level technical position requires a self-motivated individual with the experience to fulfill the requirements of the position with minimal daily direction from management. Architect must be a team-player with the ability to build constructive relationships with vendors and other stakeholder groups to develop workable, essential solutions to meet the business goals and requirements of management by providing scalable, resilient solutions for customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and publish designs and standards for network architectures and configuration, including routing policy, traffic engineering, peering policies, guidelines for maintenance activities, and etc.
- Perform proof of concept testing for emerging technologies, including new equipment, protocols, and products.
- Develop and test network configurations, including routing policy, traffic engineering, and inter device operation
- Develop and perform full regression testing for all new hardware and software releases.
- Develop resolutions to complex problems that require the use of creativity with consideration to the impacts on capital and human resources.
- Perform regular network utilization reviews for proactive planning of needed enhancements.
- Provide Tier III consultation support for network issues/outages and escalations ? Develop medium to large-scale projects and provides guidance to staff members and peers
- Develop and distribute Reporting/KPI’s, Presentations for management.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering or other Network technologies preferred.
Minimum (15+) years in network design/architecture.
Minimum five (5) years' experience in carrier-based, packet network design or operations preferred.
Proven experience to take network concepts from design, through test/documentation, and implementation.
Experience working with network equipment manufacturers to identify and validate new equipment or operating software for use in production network.
Strong knowledge of Layer 2/3 switching and routing protocols and standards including:
- Various IGP (OSPF, ISIS, etc.)
- BGP (various address families; ipv4/ipv6/vpnv4/vpnv6/LU/LS/EVPN/L2VPN and various policy)
- MPLS (LDP/RSVP-TE/MPLS-TE/BGP-LU/Segment-Routing)
- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6, subnetting, etc.)
- Access Methodologies (dot1q, QnQ, G8032, L3MPLS to the edge)
- Telemetry (Y.1731, CFM, Netflow)
- Quality of Service (CoS, ToS, DSCP, MPLS EXP)
- Security protocols and design (AAA, Radius, TACACS, SSH, IPSEC) Understanding of carrier-class design concepts.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.