The Portfolio Manager roles are the primary interface between the main technology departments (Application Development, Infrastructure & Operations / Security, and End User Services) and the Planning and Performance team. This role will partner with one of the department executive(s) and their leadership to drive annual project portfolio and financial planning, adhoc project opportunity identification, and in year portfolio management and governance requirements. This role will report directly to the VP of Planning and Performance (P&P) and will work closely with the department leadership to identify and implement governance improvements that advance our ability to reach our technology objectives. Additionally, this role will manage a select few large, multi-functional projects and/or project managers as needed to enable key technology and Ciox objectives.
What you will do...
- Partner with the leadership within a designated Technology department (either End User Services or Infrastructure & Operations & Security) to plan, manage and oversee its project portfolio; including support of project portfolio annual planning and in regular reviews
- Consistently anchor to Technology strategy in assessing and managing to the objectives of the project portfolio to drive maximum value impact
- Responsible for project portfolio key performance metric tracking and analysis to support department and P&P leadership in making decisions on objectives, project mix, and project adjustments
- Partner with designated portfolio leadership to drive the adoption of key Technology governance processes, policies and standards; Includes the management of project lifecyle within PPM tools and Jira, project methodologies and templates, and coaching on project management common practices
- Establish a cadence with leadership (think scrum of scrums) to review the portfolio status, jira structures and time entry needs, blockers/issues/risks plans, dependency planning, decision escalations, and any related actions necessary to advance the portfolio progress.
- Engage with assigned Technology department portfolio leadership to collect and analyze feedback on governance effectiveness
- Support the P&P leadership in the constant review and improvement of the relevant governance processes, policies and standards
- Act as day-to-day project/program manager on major strategic initiatives as identified by Technology leadership
- Leverage P&P processes, methodologies and project common practices to plan, organize and drive assigned projects to desired outcomes
What skillsets contribute to your success...
- 5+ years of small to large and cross functional Project Management, with excellent grasp of common project practices that drive successful outcomes
- 3+ years leading portfolio operations within one or more departments (annual planning, prioritization, capacity management, project analysis, etc)
- Strong business case development, evaluation, and management of results to plan
- Expertise in business analysis, process engineering, organizational change management, relationship building and management, stakeholder influencing, business and technology acumen, motivation and teamwork, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking, problem solving, time-management and task prioritization
- Expertise in using data to make decisions and communicating decisions in a thoughtful, clear way using tailored styles (charts, graphics, etc.)
- 4 yr BS/BA
- PPM tool proficiency, with the Microsoft suite preferred (Project & Project Online, Power Automate, and PowerBI)
What makes you stand out...
- Management consulting experience
- Masters degree
- Ability to balance objectives, process, and change with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios, and see ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity rather than a hurdle
- True change agent – not intimidated by challenge of unknown and always challenge the status quo
- Very strong strategic planning and financial acumen experience with enterprise PMO and/or corporate strategy
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.