Senior Cloud Engineer
eHire’s client has engaged us in a search for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join their Alpharetta based team. Our client is an organization that is going through a major transformation phase. We are looking for cloud engineers who will be actively implementing Cloud solutions and migration of legacy environments to cloud environments. This engineer is expected to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems / applications in a cloud environment. Whether it is IaaS, PaaS or FaaS, the engineer will be developing and implementing Service Oriented Architectures, including service-to-service communications, service discovery, and fault tolerance. Along with technical skills, this engineer is expected to be excellent communicator, participate in team building and prioritization skills, and expected to have ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have extensive experience with Linux / UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Should be very comfortable with most of POSIX commands, OS parameters tuning, bash-scripting.
- Should be proficient in OS security controls, privileges and escalation.
- Must have sound knowledge of Networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Must exploit external REST APIs and design RESTful services to integrate with other data providers.
- Must have Extensive knowledge of Data formats JSON, XML, AVRO and others.
- Any of Relational databases like Oracle, Postgres etc.
- Any of NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB etc.
- Should have done Production Support before even in traditional non-cloud applications.
- Must have done Continuous Integration/Delivery on previous engagements with tools like Jenkins, Go.CD, Bamboo etc.
- Should have extensive knowledge of build tools like Maven, Gradle and the artifact lifecycle from Snapshots to Releases and Patch fixes.
- Should have experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Should have consumed / worked with Virtualization Tools and Storage tech.
- Good to have setup / designed standard IT security practices such as Encryption, Certificates and Key management.
- Good have done Capacity / Resource Planning in Infrastructure given an Application load and concurrency.
- Good to have exposure to Big Data Applications like Hadoop, Spark and MapReduce etc.
- Must have experience with one of the Cloud services AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Must know how to setup a geographically redundant service in the cloud.
- Must know how to design and setup security mechanisms like identity management/authorization like AWS IAM and policies
- Must know how to setup network isolation with VPCs, security groups and NACLs.
- Must be proficient on at-least on any cloud automation frameworks like Terraform, Cloud-formation etc.
- Should have exposure to FaaS like Lambda/Cloud Functions.
- Must be comfortable with Cloud based Monitoring, Alerting and Event-Management tools
- Strong commitment to best practices, on operational processes, security, devops, deployment checklists, and more.
- Must work alongside with multiple teams like Development, Security and Architects.
- Good communication and some Project Management skills with exposure to tools like JIRA and processes like Kanban, Agile.
Be Great | Give Back | Follow Purpose | Be True | Have Fun!
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.