We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our client’s Cloud Engineering team in Alpharetta, GA. The Cloud Engineering team designs and builds public cloud solutions globally. They automate account creation, security, transit networking and everything in between on AWS and GCP. This is a high visibility role on a high visibility team that is revolutionizing how they deliver systems and software. The work they do is making them a better place to work!
You love open source software. You love the cloud. You can code your way out of any situation. You love to automate things. You’re like a Swiss Army knife of technology. You like to learn new skills and teach. You have a good sense of humor and get along well with others. While you’re easygoing, you’re serious about your work and take ownership.
About Our Client:
They’re a tight knit group of like minded individuals with a wide variety of technical backgrounds and experience ranging from software engineering to enterprise architecture. They believe everything should be automated and everything can be done with code. They work in their own dedicated room; having over 100 feet of dry erase board; having several large flat screen TVs for demos and presentations; serious about Agile and practice it 100%; love open source software. You will have a choice of Mac or Windows with two large monitors.
What you will do:
- Participate in our Agile process
- Learn about and help maintain our automation tools
- Develop automation for both AWS and GCP
- Write code in Python, Ruby, Bash, or whatever the task requires
- Develop automated tests and CI/CD pipelines
- Deliver repeatable, reliable systems using tools like Terraform and Chef
- Participate in engineering and architecture
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Proficiency in shell scripting, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with configuration automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.) They use Chef and Terraform
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with AWS and GCP is a big plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
- Familiarity with software development
- Bachelor’s degree or technical college diploma in a technical field or equivalent experience
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.