As a Senior Java Developer, you will design and develop back end applications & services with Java, Spring Framework, SpringBoot Microservices. The developer is essential to maintaining adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, design & coding standards, etc. The position is responsible for test driven development as well as behavior driven automation of Spring Boot Apps using Cucumber, Serenity, Wiremock etc. As part of the agile team, the Senior Java Developer will experiment with new technologies and innovative ways to solve problems. In order to be successful, the Senior Java Developer will need to have strong collaboration and communication skills and must be comfortable operating in an agile, dynamic environment.
- Design and develop back end applications & services.
- Adhere to architectural standards/principles, design/coding/review standards etc.
- Follow java code style and best practices.
- Proficient in problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills on highly complex problems; technical agility.
- Work with squad lead, product owner and scrum master to comply with priorities set for the team.
- Adopt Agile methodologies and operate in a dynamic environment.
- Use Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence for detailed technical documentation.
- 8+ years as a Java developer with experience on server side frameworks
- REST API design and implementation
- Hands on experience with Spring Framework
- Knowledge and experience with several aspects of security including Web Services Security (OAuth, WS-Sec), Single Sign-On, AES encryption
- Rest services and testing using Postman, SoapUI
- Experience on BDD automation frameworks/tools like Cucumber, Serenity, JBehave etc.
- Production support using AppDynamics, Kibana, Splunk.
- Postgres/ Oracle / NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Experience with caching solutions like Redis, Hazelcast.
- TDD based unit tests with JUnit, Mockito and static code analysis using SonarQube.
- Logging and auditing using Logback.
- Code repository & management processes with tools like Git, Bitbucket and tomcat server deployment.
- Hands on experience fixing top security vulnerabilities as outlined in OWASP and Fortify scans.
- Worked on Java build & dependency management using Maven, Jenkins, Nexus.
- Performance & load test improvements via memory and thread dump analysis.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.