Senior Java Engineer
Our client is the global leader in powering mobile payment services, serving over 4,000 financial institutions across four continents. The company's real-time platform, built upon an API based services-oriented architecture, gives financial institutions a competitive edge by increasing mobile engagement and empowering their customers to personalize, manage and control how payments are made in today's world of always-on digital commerce, resulting in higher usage of payment instruments while lowering fraud incidents. Ondot offers a unique market opportunity in a hot industry. Join us on this exciting journey!
As a backend engineer, the candidate will be part of the engineering team responsible for building the backend software for card control and policy management. The candidate will design and develop the backend card control and management infrastructure and will apply troubleshooting skills to challenging problems associated with complex enterprise environments and extreme scale.
- Work closely with product managers, systems architects, and immediate team to effectively develop backend systems.
- Assist in the development of standards, procedures, and guidelines to improve the development process.
- Mentor and help to develop junior talent.
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language concepts, JEE and SQL.
- Extensive experience in Java technology frameworks including Spring Boot, JUnit, JDBC, JPA, and Hibernate.
- Strong experience in data migration, transformation, and processing in different formats and languages.
- Experience with designing and developing microservices-based, linearly scalable applications.
- Expertise with SQL (Oracle preferred) and NoSQL databases.
- Strong collaborator and experienced working in dynamic, global teams working with various Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Cloud platform like AWS, Google & Azure is a plus.
- Experience in search technologies like Elastic Search, Solr, Lucene is a plus.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java
- 3+ years of work with Unix/Linux
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of building large scale data processing systems with relational and NoSQL databases
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s preferred) in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.