Our client is a global leader in aerospace and building technologies. Our aerospace businesses are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. Our commercial businesses are pioneering intelligent building solutions and services that enable people to live and work in more modern, safe, secure and sustainable environments. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society’s biggest challenges.
We are seeking a Software Developer with expertise in building large-scale distributed systems using best-of-breed open source software and tools to help create the next-generation of applications, products and services.
The successful candidate will be a versatile, self-starter that recently completed a computer science degree or equivalent, relevant experience, and has 5 to 7 years of experience with production.
- Support the full range of day-to-day priorities of the team, primarily focused on software development and implementation, including:
- Supporting build systems
- Interacting with stakeholders, etc.
- Back-end development focus (Python)
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced small team environment.
- Must be able to communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You should be a creative problem-solver who demonstrates a clear and thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Propensity for self-directed problem-solving and the ability to work with limited guidance
- Production-level Python programming skills
- Experience with Python-based web frameworks (for example, Flask or Django), ORMs, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL persistent data stores (such as ElasticSearch) preferred.
- Familiar with microservice-based architecture, message queues, and Apache Spark a plus.
BA/BS in Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
Required Status: US Citizen or US Person required as work may involve visibility to ITAR related projects.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.