We’re looking for a talented, high energy, collaborative individual who is looking to be part of the team
changing the way businesses around the globe are connected and protected. As a key member of the
SGN team, you’ll be leveraging your deep knowledge of networking and security to both
improve our existing services and systems, along with designing, developing, implementing, and
operationalizing new large-scale services that span our global PoPs.
If you’re a systems thinker, passionate about security and have an engineering skillset that’s both deep
and wide, we want to hear from you!
• Design and implement new network and security functionality across firewall, IPS/IDS, proxy,
DNS, VPN, routing and other systems.
• Create APIs and management systems for multi-tenant customer configuration management.
• Develop internal tools for managing and monitoring a global, carrier-grade, software-based
• Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Software development experience in building firewalls, IDS/IPS, web proxies, etc.
• Expertise with Linux networking internals
• Systems programming experience, ideally in Go or C/C++
• Experience with performance analysis and debugging of large-scale network applications
• Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking, including VXLAN, EVPN, and BGP
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment challenging norms
• Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science or related field of study
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.