We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a background or interest in building scalable cloud-native systems and services. The ideal candidate will collaborate with product developers to ensure that services and features respond to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security and maintainability. They work closely alongside Operational Tools to ensure that the software delivery pipeline is as efficient as possible.
This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go
- Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Work integrated with product development and platform engineering teams to ensure services meet non-functional requirements around reliability and availability
- Act as champion and evangelist for team incident command practices and norms
- Keep close to sister team Operational Tools to inform the delivery pipeline is efficient and automated
- Accountable for metrics and monitoring of team services, providing analytics and transparency that informs SLOs and performance improvements
- Enhance existing services and applications to increase availability, reliability, and scalability in a microservices environment
- Build and improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery.
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experiencing working on a large scale product in Java or Node
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting for services and establishing SLOs for services.
- 2+ years of experience working within the AWS ecosystem
- 2+ years experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- 1+ years of experience working with infrastructure as code is a plus.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.