Site Reliability Engineer
St Louis, MO
eHire’s client has engaged us in a search for multiple Site Reliability Engineers to join / augment their St Louis Missouri based team. Our client is looking for a highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer, who is capable of building and running large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This individual is to work with teams across the organization and ensure core service reliability, keeping an eye on capacity and performance.
- Responsible for blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement.
- Experience in Designing and Deploying multi-data center Large Scale Web Applications.
- Work closely with dev, and ops teams to build highly available, cost effective systems.
- Create new tools and scripts designed for auto-remediation of incidents.
- Design / Implementation of Big Data technologies, including Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, Spark, ELK, etc.
- Responsible for establishing end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical aspects to ensure SLAs and get proactive notifications of possible issues for all systems.
- Design platforms for extremely high uptime metrics.
- Works well independently and requires little or no supervision.
- Work with cloud operations team to resolve trouble tickets, developing and running scripts, and troubleshooting.
- Fully understand the application, microservices interactions.
- Design/Implementation containers/applications in scalable HA/DR multi-tier cloud environments, including new system design, documentation, implementation, and deployment.
- Participate in 24x7 an on-call rotation.
- 7+ years of recent IT / SRE related experience
- Experience in providing L4 technical support for production 24x7.
- Strong experience in production support and operations.
- Design / Implementation of network and presentation tier technologies, including:
- Experience in Performance Testing / Tuning / Monitoring, maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Experience with monitoring Application / Infrastructure Performance, and availability.
- Automation Experience with:
- Build / deployment
- Software Configuration
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Release Engineering related tasks in a JavaEE/C++ Environments.
- Experience in automating manual processes using Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash, ksh), perl, Ant, etc.
- Installing, Configuring, Administering, and Tuning of JavaEE Application Servers/Containers like Tomcat, WebSphere, etc.
- Installing / maintaining / Administering software on Unix Linux, Windows servers.
- Experience with Web service technologies, including REST, SOAP, JSON, XML
- Experience with Cloud Platforms and virtualization Technologies.
- Deploying and automating infrastructure / applications in cloud environment using Chef, RPM, etc.
- Working closely with Development, QA, Product Management, and Production Ops teams to make sure Product Releases on-time with quality.
- Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM(GIT, SVN), Build (CMake, Make files, Maven), CI(Jenkins), CD Automation Tools.
- Experience with database (RDBMS, NoSql) technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Performance Testing is a plus.
- Configuring and maintaining SDLC Environments.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies and processes.
- Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through a variety of activities, including leading or mentoring technical staff
- Strong verbal / written communication skills.
- Ability to participate in 24x7 an on-call rotation
Be Great | Give Back | Follow Purpose | Be True | Have Fun!
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.