The SaaS team is looking for a leader to help drive our platform development. The platform is the foundation for our commercial software offering. The platform is composed of services to manage our customer’s operations to include compute, network and storage resources. These services are used by end users for access to IOT data, specifically our world class water meters.
We provide autonomy for the development leaders, to hire and coach engineers to collectively solve problems. You will get all the support from leadership and your peers to succeed in this journey. We are not fans of bureaucracy and take our culture of execution seriously. We challenge status quo and welcome thinking that is not typical.
We develop solutions that scale and you need to be in the driver seat and work through any challenges and solve problems. The aspects of why and what are well defined and the how part is accomplished by the team.
Our most valued partner is our customer. This is part of our DNA. You are responsible for making them successful when they use our services.As a leader, you will need to build a diverse and open culture that embraces debate, makes decisions and collectively work and deliver to our customers.
We are a data driven company. Data is our mirror and we measure everything we build and work hard to ensure what we measure makes our customers happy.
The team size will be 5-7 engineers with varied levels of experience (new college grads to extremely accomplished senior technical individual contributors).
- 7-10 years of experience in developing code, testing and deploying it in production.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing teams in building platforms and delivering them
- 7+ years creating data models, schema design and schema development
We'd love to see
- 7+ years T-SQL coding; including stored procedures, views, and triggers
- 7+ years optimizing SQL performance, work with database partitioning, compression and indexing
- 7+ years implementing operational automation and monitoring using scripts and SQL jobs
- Plan, prepare, test and perform database patches and upgrades
- Experience with AWS Redshift, AWS EMR or AWS Datapipeline.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (i.e. C# or Java).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture.
- Strong understanding of network architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why”. Articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Demonstrates forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude to meet challenges; energized by change and thriving in team-based work.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills and ability to establish good working relationship with a wide range of people.
- Project and time management skills, with the ability to manage completing priorities.
- Demonstrable experience in solving problems in the areas of distributed systems at scale preferably at Systems level (Application level experience with systems orientation is also welcome).
- Experience working in a diverse team and accomplishing goals with cross team collaboration.
- Experience working in the public clouds is a plus but not required.
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field. A lack of degree can be supported by an accomplished career in building software systems at scale.
- Experience as a team lead.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (i.e. OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, and elastic scalability).
- Acts as subject matter expert to the organization when migrating existing customer’s data to AWS cloud as part of Neptune’s Cloud First direction.
- Maintains overall industry knowledge on latest trends and technology.
- Develops full stack solutions and evaluates architectural alternatives for private, public, and hybrid cloud models, including SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Defines optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications.
- Researches, operationalizes, and trains others in the use of cloud technologies and best practices.
- Ensures delivered solutions meets/performs to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to business owners.
- Ensures delivered solutions are realized in the time frame committed and works in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manages the scope and risk.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.