The primary focus of this position will be to design and develop the Warehouse Control System (WCS) Middleware applications in a Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 or OEL environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designing and developing the Warehouse Control System (WCS) Middleware applications in a Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 or OEL environment.
- Taking strategic direction from Software Management.
- Working with the Portfolio and Project Management Office (PPMO) by participating in project planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Assisting in mentoring Junior Software Engineers.
- Taking ownership of individual and department goals as agreed upon with the Software Development Manager.
- Providing remote support and troubleshooting for new and legacy WCS systems.
- Participating in Software Design Reviews with Clients, Software Project Management, Software Services and Senior Software Engineers.
- Assisting Software QA and Infrastructure Engineers in Qualifying, Deploying and Packaging WCS Middleware applications and libraries.
- Assisting Software QA in development of component and project test plans and test automation.
- Maintaining high quality project and software design documentation.
- Traveling to Client sites to assist the Software Services Implementation Engineers in qualifying the WCS installation on-site both domestically and internationally.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ experience with some mix of C/C++/Java, Socket Programming, TCP/IP, RPM Package Manager, auto-build tools, XML, XSLT
- Experienced with Java 8
- Experienced with source control tool Git
- Experienced with Java Frameworks: Spring Boot, Camel, Hibernate
- Experienced with SQL and Oracle RDMS
- Experienced with UNIX OS commands
- Experienced with RESTful Web Services
- Experienced with JMS with emphasis on Apache MQ
- Experienced with JPA with emphasis on Hibernate 5.X
- Knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Understanding what is important when designing code for a time sensitive, high transaction-based processing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Knowledgeable in object orientated analysis and design (OOAD) such as general design patterns and core object-oriented patterns
- Experience with other open source operating systems and development tools
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.