Software Engineer - Python and Java
The Software Engineer will work with other engineers, both development and QA, as well as other departments as part of an Agile team to maintain, test, and deliver messaging components for the company's ecosystem. This position will have the opportunity to work in both on-prem and SaaS architectures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· BA/BS CS, EE, IT or equivalent industry experience
· 3-10 years product development experience using Java and Python
· Specific experience working with messaging fabrics such as ActiveMQ and Kafka
· Use of source control systems – SVN, GIT
· Hands-on knowledge and configuration of multiple operating systems (i.e. Unix, Linux, Windows, and Mac) required
· Knowledge of network protocols and hands-on configuration of network equipment extremely helpful
· Knowledge and experience in the field of security
· Agile process based on the SCRUM framework
· You will demonstrate clear thought processes and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.
· You should thrive in a collaborative environment.
· You should be a creative problem-solver, providing thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· You should be very proficient in Java and Python
· You must be comfortable targeting a broad range of operating systems.
· Ideally, you will be proficient with ActiveMQ and Kafka and be able to optimize for performance under load.
· Must be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
· Must be effective working in less structured, smaller team environments, taking responsibility for helping define requirements and rapidly prototyping ideas.
· Support the full range of day-to-day priorities of the team, primarily focused on software development·
Contribute to testing, documenting, supporting build systems, interacting with stakeholders, etc. as needed on a small team.
Must have the legal and ongoing right to work in the USA without sponsorship
Typically requires 3-5 years of experience. Typically a university degree is required, or a combination of education and experience.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.