We're looking for a senior backend engineer, with distributed technology experience, to join our team of insanely smart and just gosh-darn-like-able engineers. The ideal person for this role enjoys building scalable, robust distributed systems. The position will primarily be focused on performing backend work, with DevOps mixed in from time to time.
If you’re passionate about technical innovation, building great software that makes an impact on people's lives don’t overlook this career opportunity. As a Senior Engineer, you’ll have the satisfaction of seeing tangible results of your ingenuity as you develop features, experiences, and integrations.
Our client is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth, wealth-tech company based out of Atlanta. We value vulnerable high-quality/low-ego collaboration. If that sounds good to you, join us!
DAY IN THE LIFE
- High impact contributor building new transaction processing system
- Work with director of engineering and lead architect to design, build and maintain transaction system
- Founding member of team, with a drive to have a strong culture of quality and reliability
- Automating the boring out of work with IAC and automated systems
- Engineering team leadership and mentoring
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF
- You love solving tough problems in distributed environments
- You have the ability to dig in, and not let go till you've solved an issue
- You sweat the details, focus on quality results instead of effort, and see problems as opportunities to learn and level up as a team
- You are a great communicator, play nice with others, and have a good balance of talent, humor, and initiative
- You are passionate about building great software that makes an impact on people's lives
- grpc / event sourcing / CQRS / protobuf
- aws stack (lambda, eks, ec2, dynamodb, etc)
- docker / kubernetes / terraform
- service meshes - linkerd / cilium
YOUR EXPERIENCE + A FEW NICE TO HAVES
- Demonstrated ability to work with a back end language solving real business problems
- You have a technical background and a BS or MS in a computer-related or hard science field
- Experience operating in distributed / micro services oriented environment
- 6+ years experience performing back end programming
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.