Senior Software Engineer - Python
The software engineer will work with other engineers, both development and QA, as well as other departments as part of an Agile team to design, code, build, test, and deliver either prototype or production security software for the SaaS platform. This position will have the opportunity to work with front-end, back-end, and database code in the area of vulnerability management.
- Support the full range of day-to-day priorities of the team, primarily focused on software development and vulnerability management.
- Contribute to testing, documenting, supporting build systems, interacting with stakeholders, etc. as needed on a small team.
- Back-end development in Python and front-end UI development in REACT for a broad range of platforms.
- You should be proficient with SQL, database design and designing data structures that perform well under scale and load.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced small team environment.
- Must be able to communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You should be a creative problem-solver who demonstrates a clear and thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS CS, EE, IT or equivalent industry experience
- Should have a minimum of 3-5 years product development experience in back-end Python on Linux
- Experience working with Kubernetes.
- Must have hands-on knowledge of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux or Unix systems
- Must have experience developing in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with messaging frameworks such as ActiveMQ and Kafka
- Should have basic understanding of network protocols, network topologies, network hardware, and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of other OS's (i.e. Windows, Mac, etc.), GitHub
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of security
- Experience in frontend development using REACT.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.