Software Engineer - Ruby
We are looking for a senior back-end engineer to join the engineering team. The ideal person for this role enjoys automating business processes, architecting interactions with third-party services, writing tests to ensure the reliability and robustness of our web applications. The position will primarily be focused on performing backend work, with DevOps mixed in from time to time.
Looking for an engineer who wants to get deep into the guts of their application stack and add scalable features that support our business processes, use 3rd party APIs to automate the boring out of work, and capture data submitted by our users for processing.
They are a team of 11 people, so every person has the opportunity to make a big impact on the business in multiple ways. The application is hosted on AWS/Heroku and use Postgres, SNS/SQS, Redis. The front-end application is written in a combination of Vue and Ruby on Rails and it talks to a back-end API written in Ruby/Roda.
- 5+ years experience performing back end programming tasks
- Experience tracking down issues, performing root cause analysis, fixing and ensuring issues don't occur again
- Can provide us with examples of work you've done in the past that illustrates your attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about building good software that makes an impact on people's lives
- Have the ability to work on your own
- You communicate clearly and efficiently in verbal and written communication both inside and outside of the team
- Demonstrated ability to work with a back end language solving real business problems
- Experience with git
- You have experience with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Postgres, through active record, sequel or sql
- You have experience with testing and automation
- You have a technical background and a BS or MS in a computer-related or hard science field
- Interested in owning a large portion of a codebase
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.