A leading fintech company with headquarters in Atlanta is needing to add 2 Software Engineers with expertise in Ruby.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer for a Lead role. As a technical leader, you’ll help drive your team’s vision to its implementation. You and the team will design and build technically innovative solutions to help businesses of all size reinvest, grow and impact the world of commerce. You will lead the migration of from a legacy frontend framework to a modern one and improve the API layer for security and future modernization efforts. You will work closely with Product and Development Management to define roadmaps and product direction to meet needs of our customers. You will maintain a high bar for quality and lead and mentor other engineers. And of course, you’ll be hands-on in the code and contribute technically.Responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Actively work to make our products better through:
- Research and utilization of new technology and architectural design
- Frontend modernization
- API-first evolution
- Contribute to the development of products through:
- Daily hands-on development
- Use of automated testing
- Review of work by other engineers on the team
- Assistance of product management with research and planning
- help in modernization efforts on application (replacement of frontend framework, legacy ORM) iteratively.
- Understand the legacy application infrastructure to support our application, fix defects and add required features.
- Build code to specifications and unit test before checking into source control
- Participates in, and reinforces, our agile development practice
- Mentor developers and provide support & guidance for entire SCRUM team
- Participate in our engineer recruiting and hiring process
- Assist product management and lead development with story carding and sprint planning
- Lead production on-call support rotation, assignments and/or attend daily production support calls to support production systems and resolve client support requests.
- Participate in the deployment of our products and provide support if issues arise
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years of extensive experience developing and supporting critical business applications
- Experience with Ruby for building REST APIs and web applications.
- Experience developing REST APIs for both public and private consumption
- Experienced with both native SQL and the use of an ORM and database management code like ActiveRecord, Data mapper
- Proficient with client-side and server-side unit testing and capable of planning testing strategies and implementation of tests
- Experienced with more than one programming language & framework
- Able to organize and manage complex assignments and designs independently
- Able to quickly identify areas of improvement within the code base, and communicate issues effectively
- Able to work independently and understand when escalation is required
- Experienced with Git and can define and manage branching strategies
- Experienced with code reviews and able to lead feedback and guidance to TEAM
- Excellent communicator and collaborative leader that interacts with non-technical areas of business.
- Experience PostgreSQL and maintaining SQL, views, optimizing database.
- Experience with Vue.js and exposure to Ember.js
- Experience with APM, Exception handling and other monitoring tools.
- Experience with Docker for production use.
- Experience with the following specifications, tools and/or services:
- Experience working within an Agile environment (we use SCRUM).
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.