The technology arm of a national distribution company in Kennesaw, GA is in need of an experienced SQL Server DBA to provide operational and developmental support service to the organization.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Work with infrastructure and development team to develop database architectures, coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and software development team.
- Perform database transactions and security audits.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and optimization of database servers and platforms.
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, including performance tuning, application design and debugging.
- Data movement and integration with internal and external systems.
- Ensure data is properly backed up and rotated.
- Maintain data integrity between source system and replicated systems.
- Maintain weekly refresh from production environment to lower lifecycle environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years database administration background
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) option of MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Server replication.
- Experience with SSRS or similar reporting tools.
- Notification/alerts management and resolution (Job failures, capacity shortage etc.)
- Experience in performance tuning/optimizations and monitoring of database servers.
- Able to utilize Powershell and shell script to implement operational automations.
- Responsible for database releases.
- Knowledge of SSIS/Pentaho and ETL process for internal data movement as well as integration with external partners.
- Experience with Windows, as well as one open-source operating systems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
- Experience in MSSQL, MariaDB
- Knowledge of Elastic stack.
- Knowledge of Kafka.
- Exposure to Hadoop ecosystems.
- Experience working with SAN related solutions.
- Experince with Linux (Centos preferred)
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, building and maintain CI/CD pipelines to automate software build, test and deployment tools.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.