As a Senior Applications/Core Java Developer, you will work closely with your team to design and implement new features and products. You will learn the fixed-income market allowing you to fully understand the “big picture” of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by directly working with the business unit and learning new and innovative technologies. Above all, you will be seen as an expert within your domain from day 1 and will be looked at for creative and new ways to approach problems (both technical and business related).
What You'll Do
- Design and enhance the Leading Global Fixed Income e-trading platform for institutional investors
- Be part of a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize the credit and corporate bond markets
- Innovate and transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
- Gain expertise across industry standard technologies including: Java, AWS, Kafka, Oracle, React, Redis Spring Boot and others
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Develop and design APIs in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture in the cloud
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years of enterprise software development using Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and multi-threading programming
- Familiarity with streaming technologies such as Kafka/Redis etc.
- Experience with microservices using Spring/Spring Boot (or, ideally, hands-on experience migrating a monolithic application to a cloud-centric environment microservices)
- Experience using frontend technologies such as react or angular
- Experience with AWS is a huge plus though not necessary
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and being more than a number in our lean and collaborative team, we offer:
- Healthcare and wellness options
- 401(k) match
- Potential to receive Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships, exercise equipment and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.